Our client’s objective was the transformation and digitalisation of their flagship building. In other words, creating one of the smartest office towers in Toronto, powered by advanced analytics and remote operations.
Plan Group deployed a full digital twin in order to visualize, maintain, manage, and control multiple disparate systems and deliver against the client’s ambitions.
Plan Group implemented a digital twin of the Bay Adelaide North Tower, covering approximately 90,000 sqm of office space. The LEED CS Platinum building was designed by KPMB and Adamson Associates and delivered to Brookfield Property Partners. The property was designed with sustainability in mind and will feature large podium floors, access to Toronto’s underground PATH system and extensive end of trip facilities for commuters.
How it works
The TwinWorx© collects, manages, and secures telemetry data from both disparate legacy systems and IoT sensors securely utilizing industry ontologies creating an independent data layer. This now positions our clients for increased operational visibility by providing real-time data for visualization, command and control, alarms, reporting, analysis, and optimization via a single pane of glass. The platform provides further value add by utilizing Machine Learning and AI to further drive operational efficiencies. The solution is layered on top of Microsoft Azure IoT Hub platform and integrates smoothly with multi-vendor systems via established industry standard protocols and API’s. By providing the client with an open platform, it provides for the integration requirements of today while protecting their investment over the long run by enabling the capability of adding future integrations and workflows in the future.
The solution has multiple benefits for our client:
- Visibility and reduction of energy consumption
- Position client for premier SMART building in Downtown Toronto to attract new tenants
- Analytics supporting predictive maintenance to decrease equipment downtime
- Improvement and monitoring of customer experience through platform tools and mobile application
- Open platform to support building system integrations and workflows
These implementations save energy, reduce operational improvement costs and reduce IT and operating equipment requirements:
- 20% energy savings from electrical and mechanical operational improvements and insights provided by the digital twin over time
- Operational improvement costs reduced by 15%
Level 1 : Proof of Concept or lab test
Level 2: Tested under real life conditions
Level 3: Commercial solution