Legacy real estate, whether dating back 10 years or three centuries, rarely benefits from the advantage of a digital BIM model. The lack of centralised verified information, ranging from architectural plans to equipment information, negatively affects the operating and maintaining legacy estates. Such facilities are more time-consuming, more expensive to operate and restrict owners from deploying cutting edge technology on the estate.
Our UK experts have developed a two-step solution to this challenge: our RetroBIM offering, recently launched via the Smart Melody platform.
First, an e-discovery process including data collection, laser measurements, digitalisation of paper documentation and more, centralises all building and equipment information within a digital library.
Secondly, our engineering team creates a RetroBIM model for the estate, which is then used for operating and maintaining the facility.
How It Works
The RetroBIM solution is particularly versatile, covering any type of legacy real estate, from heritage sites to warehousing units.
- Our clients report the following key benefits:
- Considerable time savings in the operation and maintenance of facilities, averaging 10% depending on the site.
- Cost savings over the medium term, due to optimised use of facilities and planning of maintenance interventions.
- Higher ROI from legacy estates which have been, in some cases, redesigned to maximise usage and meet new user requirements.
- Energy savings and a lower carbon footprint due to improved estate management and targeted interventions.
Building characteristics :
Commercial Office and Warehouse: 3 Floors, 3000 square metres and specialist gas and electrical supplies
- Document digitalisation 5 weeks
- RetroBIM modelling 9 weeks
- Operational launch 2 weeks
Total time to build a RetroBIM model from scratch : 12 to 14 weeks
Level 1 : Proof of Concept or lab test
Level 2: Tested under real life conditions
Level 3: Commercial solution